- A Master’s degree from a recognized university in Agriculture Science, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Community Development, Sociology or a related field, and Five (5) years of experiences with an international organization in a similar context is required Or
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Agriculture Science, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Community Development, Sociology or a related field, and seven (7) years of experiences with an international organization in a similar context is required
- Other job-related education and experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Clear understanding of Strengthening Smallholder Farmers' Organization concept and Value Chain
- Demonstrated experience in community mobilization, social capital development, institutional development, capacity building, training, smallholder farmers/rural SMEs and base of the pyramid consumers.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Ability to work independently – and take initiative while also having strong team building skills
- Fluent in Nepali and English (both spoken and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent leadership qualities and communication Skills
- Computer proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, Presentation tools and electronic mail software (Microsoft preferred).
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
a) Motivated to work responsibly with little supervision
b) Capacity to apply training techniques and methods as well as management tools and control indicators.
c) Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the public.
d) Ability to meet and deal with others in a courteous and tactful manner
e) Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity
f) Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule
g) Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people
h) Willingness and ability to travel extensively, both locally and internationally
i) Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork and cooperation
j) Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs and to gender equity