REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL - STUDY OF FORMATION OF APEX BODY IN NEPAL Expired
Application Deadline: 31 Dec, 17:00
No. of Openings: 1
- Conduct desk study on different types of apex bodies and federations in Nepal and thoroughly document their purpose, process and form of establishment.
- Through further study on the apex bodies and federations analyze their impact, outcomes, and outputs in reference to their activities and inputs over time.
- Organize workshops/interactions/interviews with the relevant stakeholders of the apex bodies, federations, relevant government bodies and beneficiaries to assess the relevance of the bodies and their impact.
- Study policy, acts and regulations at the local, provincial, and federal level and document the legal and regulatory provisions required for the establishment of Apex Body in Nepal.
- Conduct desk research on Heifer beneficiaries, SHGs and cooperatives to understand the relevance of the Apex Body for them.
- Conduct field visits, interviews/interactions/group discussions with the cooperative representatives, Heifer program staff and other relevant stakeholders in Heifer program districts to understand and document the need for the Apex Body. The researchers will have to travel to selected program districts of Heifer clustered around Itahari, Bharatpur, Pokhara, Butwal and Nepalgunj.
- Prepare a theoretical framework for establishment of the Apex Body for Heifer facilitated cooperatives.
- Recommend different options for the formation of the Apex Body explaining the legal and bureaucratic processes and advantages and disadvantages of each option.
- Prepare final presentations and reports of the findings.
- Prepare a logical frameworks and project plan for implementing Apex Body establishment as a Heifer Project.
- Master’s or PHD in Economics, Development Studies, Business Management, Political Science or other relevant subjects.
- At least 10 years’ working experience with cooperatives network, cooperative federation or other similar apex bodies in Nepal with excellent understanding of practical aspects of operationalizing apex bodies.
- Proven track record in development and/or implementation of legal and regulatory requirement of apex body formation in Nepal.
- Excellent understanding of the micro and macro-economic environment of Nepal including their political and social implications.
- Must have an exceptional analytical ability to connect different variables of social, economic and political environment and present their relationship in written form.
- Must have excellent academic writing capability in English.
- Must have excellent computer knowledge of Microsoft excel, PowerPoint or similar software to visualize and present the findings.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Must have a professional command of Nepali language for research, workshops and interviews.
- Must be registered on VAT
- Inception report based on the preliminary desk research and consultation with Heifer staff that includes the details on methodology of the research, tools to be used during interaction with the stakeholders in the field, and timeline for completion of the study.
- Draft report of the study.
- Presentations (number to be agreed with the Heifer team) of the findings.
- Final Report of the study that includes appropriate recommendation for formation of Apex Body and implementing it as a Heifer project.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified firms can send their application to email@example.com with the Title “Study of Formation of Apex Bodies in Nepal “ along with the following documents.
- Cover Letter.
- Concept note with research methodology and timeline
- Financial proposal
- CV of team member/s
- Firm Registration & Renewal certificate
- Copy of VAT Registration Certificate
- Latest Tax clearance certificate