ENTERPRISE FACILITATOR Expired
Application Deadline: 31 Jul, 15:00
No. of Openings: 1
The Enterprise Facilitator will be responsible for the delivery of the Enterprise Facilitation service in the local community. To support clients looking to establish news businesses in priortised areas. To support the development of the Enterprise Facilitation Management and Advisory Boards.
- Formal education to bachelor degree level in an appropriate business subject such as, marketing, finance, personnel or communications. Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for part of these requirements (or able to demonstrate competence through experience of client based engagement and progression methods with hard to reach groups in deprived communities to enable a business to establish and grow)
- Practical experience working in or running small businesses and facilitating business development and sustainability.
- Practical experience of providing and brokering advice and guidance to small businesses, supporting development and sustainability.
- Proven understanding of the local economy and local economic development approaches.
- Formal education to bachelor degree level in an appropriate business subject such as, marketing, finance, personnel or communications not necessary but preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate competence through experience of client based engagement and progression methods with hard to reach groups in deprived communities is preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant Government programs, policies, funding and business support landscape.
- Knowledge and experience in agribusiness and entrepreneurship development preferably applicable to smallholders.
- Be sensitive to economic, social and political reality.
Willingness and capacity to attend the provided training offered by the Sirolli Institute-International Enterprise Facilitation®.
A person holding two wheeler license
Most Critical Proficiencies:
A strong facilitator, able to strive to achieve results in face of adversity, being positive and proactive at all times
Proven enabler, able to build capacity and empower entrepreneurship and creativity in others
A dynamic broker, able to think, communicate and liaise clearly with a wide range of potential clients, businesses and support agencies
Able to deal with representatives from all sectors, build professional relationships and effectively use networks.
Ability to provide constructive criticism and supportive challenge whilst having empathy with clients and their circumstances
Ability to work flexibly, practically and proactively
Good computer skills, including social media
Enterprise Facilitators have personal, practical, business experience and have the “scars” to prove it.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
Willingness to travel as per position demand.
Ability to work independently ability to work with a flexible schedule.
Ability to perform income and expense budget preparation and monitoring.
Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures, beliefs, and Gender Equality
A. Support clients looking to establish new businesses in prioritized areas in accordance with the principles of Enterprise Facilitation (35%)
Support the development of every kind of businesses that seek to generate the greatest economic and social value for the community in general and for women and children in particular.
Understanding business needs, applying knowledge in support of their development and the education of local entrepreneurs;
As needed, supporting clients with identifying human and physical resources consistent with the aims and objectives of their proposed business activity;
Throughout the project, Identifying and supporting interventions that remove barriers, helping to sustain and create sustainable enterprises.
Carrying out actions in support of supply chain development and local purchasing;
- Supporting the identification of accessible business spaces (opportunities) for clients as needed.
B. Support the development of the Enterprise Facilitation Management and Advisory Boards (30%)
- Inspire others, set goals and work effectively with teams to realize actions.
- Continuously engaging with partners (?) and the deliverers of business support locally, regionally or nationally to seek out, develop, plan and implement initiatives and targeted assistance in support of client needs;
- Establishing, developing, and maintaining contacts with the business community and business agencies to facilitate the exchange of business support and the development of initiatives, leading to sustainable and increased employment opportunities;
- From the start of the project, developed a network of communication at all levels of Government, with business support agencies and throughout the communities where the initiative will be operational;
- As necessary, seek out and maximize the opportunities for those looking to establish businesses to develop teams capable of writing ‘bankable’ business plans capable of receiving funding from Banks, Venture Capital, Impact Investment or Government/NGO sources;
- Maintain accurate records as required by funders, ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information, and compile and deliver detailed reports on activities and outputs as needed
- Continuously, and proactively raise awareness of the work of the Economy and Natural Resources team and the opportunities for local people and businesses.
C. Operation and management (30%)
Ensure that all activities are operated in accordance with Equal Opportunities legislation and Best Practice throughout the project
As needed, Manage and build the capacity of all volunteers
As needed, manage the recruitment of all volunteers
Participate in quarterly, semi-annual and annual planning meetings with stakeholders
- On a quarterly basis, ensure that the project success stories and lessons learned are documented and disseminated
D. May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities that can be reasonably assigned by organization, including development activities within your capability
HOW TO APPLY
A cover letter mentioning why you are appropriate for this position and expected salary along with Heifer application form (download from www.heifernepal.org), latest curriculum-vitae, a recent passport size photograph, a copy of citizenship certificate should be submitted at the following address by 31st July 2018. For detail job description please visit our website http://www.heifernepal.org. Kindly mark the title of position in the subject or cover of the envelope.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Heifer is an equal opportunity employer committed to a staff composition that reflects the social and ethnic diversity of Nepali Society..