MARKET DEVELOPMENT LEAD Expired
Application Deadline: 25 Sep, 17:00
No. of Openings: 1
The Market Development Lead (MDL) will take lead on connecting the producer owned cooperatives with public and private sector for post-production value additional activities to develop and operationalize viable businesses. Following the strategy of Public Private Producer Partnership (PPPP), MDL will explore and collaborate with different Public, Private and Producers to strengthen the forward and backward linkages in both product and input/service markets. MDL will take lead on developing and managing prototypes towards upgrading the value chains and develop scale-up strategies for the wider benefit of project beneficiaries.
Master’s Degree or equivalent in the fields of Agriculture Economics, Business Administration, Rural Development, Enterprise Development or related field with minimum 5 years of field and technical experience on commercial sector, agribusiness development, value chain and investment promotion. For detail Job Description and Application, please visit our website: http://www. heifernepal.org/opportunities
- Experience in supporting and monitoring field based programs in the country.
- Proven experience in building the capacity of partner institutions to document and disseminate industry information, manage knowledge, measure progress and plan and advocate within the industry.
- Track record of building strong client and stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Clear understanding of the goat value chain.
- Innovative, analytical, and solutions oriented.
- Knowledge of enterprise development and linkages to poverty alleviation.
- Strong interpersonal/people management skills and excellent oral and written communication skills a must.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail (Microsoft Office preferred) and Internet.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English and other local languages, both oral and written.
- Significant experience in building public/private partnerships.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience working with farmer group programs.
- Experience in the commercial sector with skills to develop and evaluate investment opportunities and promote such opportunities to financial institutions.
- Strong consumer marketing, financial analysis and management skills.
- Excellent command of report writing, analysis and presentation skills using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Preparing and presenting documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to understand, appreciate and implement Heifer’s Value Based Holistic Community Development.
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to think systematically, willingness and ability to incorporate innovative solutions.
- Quantitative and qualitative approaches to evaluation and ability to communicate MLE concepts clearly with leadership, partners, and staff at all levels.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively throughout Nepal.
- May require constant sitting; working at a computer and focusing for extended periods of time and performing office environment activities while on the road and/or in remote conditions.
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks with little supervision while meeting sometimes inflexible deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit Application Form, CV, Cover Letter (mentioning expected remuneration) and photograph at email@example.com or GPO Box: 6043, Kathmandu, Nepal by September 25, 2018. Only short listed candidates will be invited for the interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.