PROJECT OFFICER FOR SIMPLIFIED DIGITAL FINANCIAL SERVICE Expired
Application Deadline: 04 Jan, 16:30
No. of Openings: 1
The Project Officer will be responsible for completion of all activities and deliverables of the prototype project “Simplified Digital Financial Services (Kishan Credit Card and Branchless Banking)”. S/he will work in close collaboration and coordination with the Heifer Nepal Program team, project partners, BFIs, cooperatives and local technicians. In addition, s/he will also contribute in scale-up of learnings for the wider benefit of farmers. This position is based in Kathmandu and requires extensive field work.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in Agriculture Economics/Finance/Business management or related field, plus at least 3 years of experience in development sector, especially relevant work experience in the field of agriculture/livestock value chains including access to finance is required.
Overall Management of Simplified Digital Financial Services (50%)
- Work closely with the Market Development and Strengthening Small Holder Farmer’s Organization (SSFO) team in implementing the Prototype Project: Simplified Digital Financial Services.
- Coordinate with the Market Cluster Unit, NGO Partners, cooperatives and the Bank and Financial Institutions (BFIs) for implementation of the project.
- Ensure BD A2F component in SLVC II sub awards and Prototype - Simplified Digital Financial Service are in sync for maximizing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure the prototype is within time, scope and budget at all times.
- Ensure regular reporting and documentation of the project.
- Update the Management team on progress of the project.
Coordinate/support the field operation of the Business Development and Access to Finance (BD & A2F) (30%)
- Identification of potential farm entrepreneurs and Micro, Small and Medium enterprises (MSMEs) in the livestock/agriculture sector
- Maintain relationship with BFIs and connect them to identified MSMEs
- Assist to develop or update the training manuals/materials on various aspects of A2F and Value Chain Financing (VCF) and business planning.
- Support the MSMEs (including abattoirs) and SEW Cooperatives and other Value Chain (VC) actors in developing their bankable business plans and ensure effective implementation of their business plans.
- Assist the BD & A2F Lead to build the capacity of MSMEs (including the project team) in obtaining investment (including loan) for start-up and growth of MSMEs enterprise operations
- Support BD & A2F unit in implementinginnovative approaches, monitoring field implementation
- Work with Project Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) unit in developing monitoring framework and maintain progress reporting and result measurement of the project.
BD and A2F projects Implementation, Monitoring and Reporting (20%)
- Mobilize field level supporting staffs / private technicians to ensure quality implementation of all planned activities.
- Ensure all field activities are taking place as planned.
- Periodic reporting as per the Heifer’s reporting format.
- Final report preparation and timely submission of the project findings.
- Other works as assigned by the BD & A2F lead.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit Application Form, CV, Cover Letter (mentioning expected remuneration) and photograph at email@example.com or GPO Box: 6043, Kathmandu, Nepal by January 4, 2018. Only short listed candidates will be invited for the interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.