PROGRAM OFFICER -MARKET DEVELOPMENT Expired
Application Deadline: 25 Feb, 05:00
No. of Openings: 1
The role of the MDO will assist the Program Manager - Market Development the Heifer’s project activities on connecting the producer owned cooperatives with public and private sector for post-production value additional activities to develop and operationalize viable businesses. Following the strategy of PPPP and PM-MD, MDO will explore and collaborate with different PPPs to strengthen the forward and backward linkages in both product markets and input/service market. MDo will assist on developing and managing prototypes towards upgrading the value chains and develop scale-up strategies for the wider benefit of Heifer project beneficiaries and the sub-sector growth.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university in the fields of Agriculture Economics, Business Administration, Rural Development, Enterprise Development or other related field and Minimum of three (3) years of field and technical experience with commercial sector, agribusiness development in a mix of economic growth/trade, value chain competitiveness, investment promotion, or agriculture development.
- Other job-related education and experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements
- Experience in supporting and monitoring field based programs in the country.
- Proven experience in building the capacity of partner institutions to document and disseminate industry information, manage knowledge, measure progress and plan and advocate within the industry.
- Track record of building strong client and stakeholder relationships
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Clear understanding of the goat value chain.
- Innovative, analytical, and solutions oriented.
- Knowledge of enterprise development and linkages to poverty alleviation.
- Strong interpersonal/people management skills and excellent oral and written communication skills a must;
- Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail (Microsoft Office preferred) and Internet.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English and other local languages, both oral and written.
- Significant experience in building public/private partnerships
- Experience working with farmer group programs.
- Excellent leadership qualities and communication Skills
- Experience in the commercial sector with skills to develop and evaluate investment opportunities and promote such opportunities to financial institutions.
- Strong consumer marketing, financial analysis and management skills.
- Excellent command of analysis and presentation skills using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Leadership & General (15%)
- Assist to plan enterprise, market and value chain related activities and functions
- Assist to develop market development and private/public sector engagement strategy for the project
Business Development and Branding (30%)
- Demand supply, gap, and price analysis (Market): Carry out value chain and stakeholder mapping and support to establish viable enterprise.
- Business development and support: Assist to develop bankable business plans (both at start-up and growth stages) and connect with relevant financial and non-financial service providers (medium and large-scale business ventures).
Develop business relationships with retailers, processors, and other market actors (forward market linkages) (35%)
- Organize meetings with Facilitate multi-stakeholder and business to business for better market linkages.
- Organize B2B meetings with potential VC actor for stronger market linkages,
- Support to explore public, private and producer organizations for joint initiatives to establish viable and sustainable business ventures in forward linkages of goat meat and dairy value chain (i.e. abattoirs, meat processing, dairy units, live animal market, livestock/meat transport, high quality meat outlets, etc.)
Build capacity of staffs and partners (20%)
- Review and follow up staff capacity building plan in the field of enterprise, markets and value chain.
- Review and follow up periodic the concerned staffs job related functions.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit Application Form, CV, Cover Letter (mentioning expected remuneration) and photograph at firstname.lastname@example.org or GPO Box: 6043, Kathmandu, Nepal by February 25, 2018. Only short listed candidates will be invited for the interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.