VETERINARY EXPERT Expired
Application Deadline: 27 May, 17:00
No. of Openings: 1
A Master's Level Degree, preferably Ph.D., in Veterinary Science with clear evidence / experience of research ability or potential. Previous experience of proposal writing, university teaching, and zoonotic disease research will be an advantage. This position is for 4 months.
This position will be responsible for activities related to provide project preparatory technical assistance and will be based in Kathmandu with frequent field visits (50 percent or more) in different parts of Nepal.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Gather primary and secondary data on Porcine Cysticercosis, analyze, and use it to add value in developing project proposal.
- Provide support in development and submission of full project proposal including detailed work plan and budget.
- Provide support in preparation of additional documentation for application like Institutional Profile Questionnaire Form, Legal documentation of applying organizations, Letters of request from administering institutions etc.
- Participate and contribute in the proposal development meetings at national and international level.
- Conduct feasibility study to identify appropriate area of project intervention.
- Collaborate with related stakeholders including government institutions to ensure multisector support during proposal strengthening and project implementation.
- Obtain explicit approval from appropriate institutions for oversight of the use of humans and animals in research.
HOW TO APPLY
A Cover letter mentioning expected salary along with application form (download from www.heifernepal.org/opportunities) ,latest curriculum-vitae, a recent passport size photograph, a copy of citizenship certificate should be submitted at the following address by 27th May 2019 For details of Job Description please visit our website http://www.heifernepal.org/opportunities, Please indicate the position that you are applying for
Heifer Project International Nepal
P.O. Box: 6043, Kathmandu
Only short listed candidates will be invited for the interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.