PROJECT COORDINATOR-ENTERPRISING LOCAL CHICKEN Expired
Application Deadline: 30 Nov, 17:00
No. of Openings: 1
The Prototype Coordinator will be responsible for completion of all activities and deliverables of the prototype project ‘Enterprising Local Chicken (LC)’. The project aims to establish viable enterprises along the LC value chain- egg producers, hatchery, fattening and slaughterhouse along with inclusive market system to uplift the living standard of small holder farmers. The project will be implemented in Belbari Municipality, Morang and will last for 24 months starting from December 2019. This is a field based position and will work in close collaboration and coordination with the Heifer Nepal Itahari Market Cluster team, project partners, cooperatives and local technicians. In addition, s/he will also contribute in scale-up of learnings for the wider benefit of farmers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Social Science, Agricultural Economics or related subject.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in agri/livestock businesses, market system development and agri value chain.
- Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for part of these requirements
Establish enterprises along Local Chicken value chain (20%)
- Select potential entrepreneurs to establish LC enterprises in collaboration with partner organization and cooperative.
- Conduct trainings on business plan, enterprise development among the participating entrepreneurs
- Support the LC entrepreneurs in preparation of business plan.
- Provide continuous mentoring for successful implementation of business plan and its regular review
- Facilitate in identifying and connecting with related agencies (government and private sector) for required Business Develop Services.
- Ensure the participating entrepreneurs are connected to Business Development Services provided by the cooperative
- Ensure robust forward and backward linkage along the LC value chain
Support establishment and operationalization of local chicken hatchery (15%)
- Identify potential entrepreneur for establishment of hatchery
- Support the entrepreneur to prepare business plan (production, marketing & financial plan)
- Support in design and construction of infrastructure required for the hatchery
- Support procurement of equipment and other essential for the hatchery
- Establish protocol for operation of hatchery
- Ensure effective demand and supply linkages (eggs and day-old chicks)
Support in scaling up of current LC production (15%)
- Facilitate in developing training / capacity building materials as per the need
- Manage trainings - basic as well as advanced level improved LC health, husbandry to the egg producers and fattening farmers.
- Ensure technical support to the participating farmers when necessary
- Work with participating farmers and establish supply chain to source eggs and supply hatched day-old chicks to other interested farmers.
- Monitor production productivity at all levels
Facilitate capital deployment from government, BFIs and other financing parters for the enterprises (15%)
- Identify service /grant and other support provisioned by the GoN (local, provincial and federal level)
- Coordinate and connect the entrepreneurs with Banking and Financial Institution (BFI) for loan as appropriate
- Identify and connect the entrepreneurs with possible transportation resource
- Provide required support to the participating entrepreneurs for access to finance
Support branding and marketing of local chicken (15%)
- Conduct market research for the local chicken and prepare appropriate marketing and branding plan
- Create marketing and branding contents and materials for LC Establish relationship with different actors in LC value chain and connect farmers’ product to the market.
- Conduct Business to Business meetings among the farmers, cooperatives and LC entrepreneurs
Project Management and documentation (20%)
- Ensure overall effective and efficient implementation of the project
- Establish good working relationship with local and provincial government
- Manage stakeholders and their involvement in the project
- Mobilize field level staffs / private technicians to ensure quality implementation of all planned activities
- Prepare work plan and Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP)
- Analyze DIP vs achievement and make appropriate plan for project implementation in given time and budget
- Document learnings generated from the project
- Write papers, news articles, blogs and other related documents
- Coordinate and synchronize the project activities with other initiatives implemented by Heifer Nepal
- Final report preparation and timely submission of the research findings.
- Contribute in publishing research finding in scientific journal.
- Timely submit periodic report as per Heifer Nepal’s requirement
HOW TO APPLY
A Cover letter mentioning expected salary along with application form , latest curriculum-vitae, a recent passport size photograph, a copy of citizenship certificate should be submitted at email@example.com by 30th November, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for the interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.