PROGRAM OFFICER-PME Expired
Application Deadline: 07 Feb, 17:00
No. of Openings: 1
Program Officer- PME is responsible for project planning, budgeting, reporting, documentation, monitoring and evaluation processes and practices for different projects trying to identify innovative ways to measure project impact. S/he will be expected to ensure project compliance, operationalization of digital reporting portal, prepare and communicate periodic progress reports to field team. Her/his engagement mainly related with document progress, synthesize report, and maintain project database. This position requires more than 70% field works mainly routine data quality assessment, enhance capacity of field staff and field verification of data/figures.
This position for a period of 5 months.
Educational Qualifications and Experience: -
- A Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Business Administration, Economics and any other social science or a related field plus three (3) years of related experience is required.
Preferred Requirements: -
- Experience working in socio-economic, agricultural or development related research.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating in local economic development related projects
- Experience of field data collection with data management using ODK.
- Other job-related education and experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements.
To assist Heifer Nepal M&E system for the scaling up program impacts (50%)
- Participate actively in programme/ project planning process and budgeting for effectiveness of programme/projects quality
- To coordinate regular data collection through implementing partners and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations
- To record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
- To analyse and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Project Officer/Manager and Partners.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to Heifer’s monitoring and evaluation system
- Support for preparing periodic reports and share with concerned department and field teams
- To build capacity of Heifer’s field staff, project partners for progress tracking, reporting, documentation and field monitoring
- Support other departments in dealing with any other tasks as may be required
Reporting and Documentation (20%)
- Assist in developing periodic reports
- Prepare and share field visit reports with relevant staff
- Coordinate field staff and implementing partners for periodic update of data/figures entered into PME database management system and carry out field verification and validation of data
- Collect and prepare case stories of project benenficiaries.
- Assist to prepare project outputs and financial expenditure report and communicate with field staff
Project Planning (10%)
- Assist to prepare project budget of sub-awards, letter of agreement, project proposal, revisions and communicate to field staffs regarding the sub-award planning related works
- Assit to implementing partners to prepare Project Implementation Plan at sub-project level.
- Provide technical inputs and assist to develop RBM framework at program/project level.
Learning and Sharing (10%)
- Share learning from M&E process with the wider team
- Support partners in improving learning and sharing mechanisms in their projects
- Promote culture of two way learning in the organisation
Contribution to Effectiveness of the Programme (10%)
- Work collaboratively with different programmes for strengthening integration and cross-learning in programmes
- Proactively volunteer for various team activities
- Show an eagerness to take on any other tasks assigned by the line manager
HOW TO APPLY
A Cover letter mentioning expected salary along with application form (download from website), latest curriculum-vitae, a recent passport size photograph, a copy of Nepali citizenship certificate should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7 February 2021. Please indicate the position that you are applying for in the subject line. For details of job description, please visit our website http://www.heifernepal.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained