PROJECT OFFICER Expired
Application Deadline: 10 Mar, 17:00
No. of Openings: 7
The Project Officer will serve in accordance with HPN vision, mission, goal, objectives, policies, and procedures. S/he will Coordinate with thematic lead to provide oversight in social capital, supply chain, market system development and cooperative development aspects of the project and provide strategic guidance and support to Project Partners, SHGs, Cooperatives, and Local Governments for effective implementation of the Project. The Project Officer will collaborate with local government in project design, implementation, monitoring and provide support for the effective implementation. S/he will build the capacity of local partner and provide continuous backstopping for optimum project result.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a recognized university in Business Administration, Rural Development Studies, Business Studies, Agriculture, Veterinary science, or related field plus minimum three (3) years’ experience in a similar context is required.
- Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements
Ensure professional standards of work are implement, maintained, and completed on time (50%)
- Adopt appropriate strategies and plan at palika level to meet the goal and targets of the subawards
- Prepare required guidelines for effective implementation.
- Prepare Detail Implementation Plan (DIP), facilitate implementation and track progress regularly.
- Support NGOs to start up and implementation of the projects with good and adequate understanding of Project agreement.
- Ensure transparent process in project staff hiring to recruit competent human resource.
- Provide backstopping to NGO partners, Cooperative, on program management
- Collaborate with thematic leads and ensure quality in project service delivery
- Ensure effective mobilization of project staff
- Maintain transparency and meet donor compliance during project implementation
Coordination, monitoring, and Reporting (30%)
- Visit the project sites, collaborate with farmers, SHGs, SHG networks, cooperatives with the purpose of understanding the context, monitor progress, and a follow up on recommendations.
- Reporting of the progress and discuss next steps as appropriate.
- Collaborate and develop good working relationship with local government for smooth project implementation.
- Coordinate with related private sector (market actors, BFIs, insurance companies etc) and ensure required services are delivered
- Ensure the project milestones, objectives and requirements are fulfilled
Networking and Technical support and Backstopping (20%)
- Develop and maintain a sound network of government, other stakeholder, NGO partners and counterparts
- Develop and maintain links with relevant professional bodies
- Ensure the capacity building of project partners, including training and backstopping.
- Create enabling environment to tap and disburse resources.
- Cooperative formation and capacity building
- Linkage stablishes between Value chain actors/Buyers.
- Support lead farmers, entrepreneurs, and cooperatives to leverage resources from local government, provincial government, and other opportunities.
May perform other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY
A Cover letter mentioning expected salary along with application form (download from website), latest curriculum-vitae, a recent passport size photograph, a copy of Nepali citizenship certificate should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 March 2021. Please indicate the position that you are applying for in the subject line. For details of job description and requirement, please visit our website http://www.heifernepal.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.