PROJECT OFFICER -ANIMAL WELL BEING (PO-AWB) Expired
Application Deadline: 10 Mar, 17:00
No. of Openings: 2
The Project Officer - Animal Well-Being will be responsible for an effective delivery of animal health and production technologies, knowledge and skills to Heifer team, project partners, cooperatives, and beneficiaries. S/he will ensure that farmers understand and adopt improved technologies to maximize farm animal productivity for consistence and supply of quality animals. S/he will work in close collaboration and coordination with the Heifer Nepal Program team, local government, project partners, cooperatives, and Community Agro-Vet Entrepreneurs (CAVE).
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Veterinary Science plus at least three (3) years of job-related experience is required.
- Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements.
Strengthen Animal Health and Production System and ensure adoption (50 %)
- Adopt appropriate strategies and plan at palika level for improving animal health, production, productivity, and marketing.
- Prepare required guidelines for effective implementation.
- Prepare Detail Implementation Plan (DIP), facilitate implementation and track progress regularly.
- Ensure targets for production volume, quality, and consistency at palika level is met.
- Support project staffs in forage fodder nursery establishment and plantation ensuring year-round availability of nutritious grasses.
- Ensure animal sheds, with all technical specifications, are constructed with in a set timeline.
- Support in animal selection, procurement, and placement based on technical specifications mentioned in the guideline.
- Make sure deworming and vaccinations are carried out at right time and stage meeting quality standards.
- Support Technical Coordinators in effective mobilization of CAVEs for ensuring accessibility and availability of treatment services at household level.
- Provide support in increasing farm profitability through adoption of improved technologies at farmers’ level.
- Understand market demand and adjust production plan accordingly.
Capacity Building of Project Staff and Local Resource Person (25%)
- Provide technical orientation to project staffs to build basic and common understanding on AWB components.
- Build capacity of Technical Coordinators for effective mobilization of CAVEs.
- Ensure CAVEs are adequately capacitated through regular follow up, backstopping and guidance.
- Train Local Resource Persons (Carpenters, Lead Farmers, project technical team etc.) to effectively conduct all planned activities.
- Support cooperatives for effective provisioning of BDS (Business Development Services) to its member farmers.
- Conduct discussion meetings, workshops, trainings, Animal Health Camps etc. as and when required.
- Support lead farmers, entrepreneurs, and cooperatives to leverage resources from local government, provincial government, and other opportunities.
- Document and disseminate best practices and promote cross learnings among Palikas.
Coordination / Collaboration with Local Government and other Stakeholders (25%)
- Build strong collaboration with local government to create enabling environment for planning and execution of planned activities.
- Coordinate with provincial government as well as veterinary hospital and expert centers to leverage technical support and services in the project.
- Establish functional relationship with private sectors in production inputs/services (animal feed, vaccines, vet medicines, livestock insurance etc.), market actors/market centers and connect them with farmers and cooperatives.
Perform other job-related duties as requested.
HOW TO APPLY
A Cover letter mentioning expected salary along with application form (download from website), latest curriculum-vitae, a recent passport size photograph, a copy of Nepali citizenship certificate should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 March 2021. Please indicate the position that you are applying for in the subject line. For details of job description and requirement, please visit our website http://www.heifernepal.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.