CONSULTANT - GENDER SPECIALIST Expired
Application Deadline: 04 Jun, 17:00
No. of Openings: 1
- Must have a Master’s Degree in gender studies, economics or other relevant social science. PHD preferred.
- At least 7 years of academic and professional experience in the field of livelihood development, agriculture-based enterprises, and cooperatives focused on women’s economic empowerment.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead the collection, analysis, and utilization of data and information from a wide range of sources to ensure effective integration of GESI aspects in project implementation.
- Demonstrated capacity to conduct effective field visits and interviews with smallholder women farmers in rural parts of Nepal.
- Demonstrated capacity to prepare professional reports and presentation to inform the project implementation team.
- Professional level fluency in verbal and written English and Nepali.
- Review the USAID, Government of Nepal and Heifer’s Gender policies, guidelines, and other related documents, and recommend procedure in implementation of current project activities aligning with the USAID’s gender guidelines and framework.
- Review of implementation plan and interface of e-Chautari digital hub and Geokrishi mobile application and recommend adaptations to make them gender friendly.
- Conduct mid-term and end of project field visit to evaluate use of e-Chautari digital hub and Geokrishi mobile application by smallholder women farmers and recommend iteration to the hub, the application and project implementation plan for improving the impact of project and its sustainability.
- Provide periodic consultation to project partners to mainstream gender equality/justice and women empowerment issues in all components of the project throughout the project cycle, from planning through evaluation.
- Act as resource person in capacity building, knowledge sharing events and other relevant activities on gender equality and women’s empowerment in the projects.
- Assist in developing indicators to monitor the gender impact of projects.
- Consult with internal and external stakeholders on key gender issues and opportunities to advance women empowerment in access to digital technology use.
- Prepare and submit reports on progress made in mainstreaming gender issues into the project
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team to ensure that periodic project reports identify gender gaps and reflect gender related project success and learning experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and experienced individual from same field is requested to submit application along with the following documents mentioning email subject line “Application for Consultant – Gender Specialist” through email to: email@example.com
- Letter of interest
- Updated CV
- Technical proposal with detail work plan
- Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of expenses
- Copy of VAT/PAN registration certificate
For Details TOR: (http://heifernepal.org/opportunity-detail/481)
Deadline for Submission of Application: 4 June 2021 before 5 PM.