Heifer Project Nepal (HPN) is a Nepali non-profit organization dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for earth by providing livestock, education, and other resources to help poor families become self-reliant. Heifer, in collaboration with GIZ/GRAPE, is going to implement project entitled “Building Resilience Through Climate Smart Livestock Farming in Western Nepal” in Surkhet, Dailekh, Kailali, Doti, and Dadeldura districts. HPN invites applications from eligible Nepali citizens for the following field-based position:
Position: Project Coordinator – Livestock Technology & One Health – Nos. 1
Duration: 18 months
- Capacitate goat and dairy farmers and associated value chain actors on climate-smart livestock farming measures
- Establish demonstration sites for climate-smart livestock farming
- Increased access of farmers to input and services to adopt climate-smart farming practices at the farm level
- Supported in creating enabling environment for the adoption and upscaling of climate-smart farming measures
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university or equivalent in veterinary science and animal husbandry, plus at least five (5) years of related experience, or a master’s degree from a recognized university or the equivalent in veterinary science and animal husbandry, plus at least two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements.
Application Form (Download from Here)
Job Description (Download from Here)
How to apply:
A Cover letter mentioning the expected salary along with the application form (download from the website), latest curriculum vitae, a recent passport-size photograph, a copy of the Nepali citizenship certificate, and a copy of the Nepal Veterinary Council registration certificate should be submitted by email to [email protected] by 17 November 2022 Please indicate the position that you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained.
Heifer Project Nepal
P.O.Box : 6043, Kathmandu
Email: [email protected]