Heifer Project international Nepal (HPIN) is a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for earth by providing livestock, education, and other resources to help poor families become self-reliant. HPIN invites applications from eligible Nepali citizens for the following position.
Senior Program Officer – Livestock Systems Innovation Lab (LSIL)
Major Roles and Responsibility:
The Senior Program Officer will be responsible for implementing project activities at the field level as envisioned in the project “Integrated approach to enhance milk quality, dairy animal productivity and milk consumption by vulnerable household members in rural Nepal”. S/he will be responsible for planning project implementation as per the project document, coordinating with stakeholders and reporting on periodic progress in the prescribed format. S/he shall be also responsible for maintaining the highest standards in implementing project activities.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university or equivalent in Animal Science, Veterinary Science or Dairy Science, plus at least five (5) years of related experience, or a master’s degree from a recognized university or the equivalent in any of the above disciplines, plus at least two (2) years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in community mobilization, social capital development, institutional development, capacity building, training, smallholder farmers/rural SMEs/co-ops, and base of the pyramid consumers
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative while also having strong team-building skills
- Fluent in local language and English (both spoken and written)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail (Microsoft office preferred), and the internet.
- Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements.
Job Descriptions (Download from Here)
Application Form (Download from Here)
How to apply:
A Cover letter mentioning expected salary along with application form, latest curriculum-vitae, a recent passport size photograph, a copy of Nepali citizenship certificate should be submitted at the following address by May 8, 2023. Please Indicate the position that you are applying for.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Heifer International Nepal
P.O. Box: 6043, Kathmandu