Heifer Project Nepal (HPN) is a Nepalese NGO working with communities to end hunger and poverty and to care for the earth. For the past 23 years, HPN has been working in holistic development involving women and youth as agents of change and households as units of economic activity to achieve sustainable development, job creation, food security, income generation, and employment promotion. Currently, HPN works on goat and dairy value chains to promote agri-businesses and create employment opportunities for farmers and various actors along value chains.
Heifer Project Nepal has worked with 154 smallholder farmer organizations (women led cooperative) in 29 districts of Nepal. The organization has been facilitated to enable cooperatives as a viable business entity in the areas of marketing of agri-livestock products, input supplies, technical services, livestock insurance, and linkage and coordination. This has increased expansion of coverage, business turnover and profitability of cooperatives. To continue the momentum of growth, HPN has designed a bridging project “Making Market work for Women: Strengthening Cooperative as Business Hubs”. The one-year project primarily focuses on improvement of marketing and business skills of cooperatives, expansion of business services and improving profitability and financial sustainability of cooperatives.
Chitwan, Nawalpur, Baglung, Parbat, Kaski, Lamjung, Tanahau, Dhading, Nuwakot, Banke, Bardiya, Surkhet, Dang, Salyan, Pyuthan, Palpa, Gulmi, Arghakhanchi, Kapilbastu, Rupandehi, Jhapa, Morang, Sindhuli, Dhanusha, Siraha, Sarlhai, Bara, Mahottari, Rautahat,
Number of Positions Required: Few
Minimum Qualification and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree having 4 years (or intermediate level having 7 years) of work experiences in the areas of strengthening cooperatives as viable business entity, collective marketing of agri-livestock sectors.
- The individual must have a proven track record working with co-operatives in the above-mentioned project districts.
- Must have computer knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, or similar software to visualize and present the findings, and
- Must have a sound experience on mobilizing women groups, cooperatives, facilitate trainings, coordinate with local/provincial governments and other institutions.
11 months (August 2022- June 2023)
- Facilitate to formulate collective marketing strategies of agri-livestock products through cooperatives.
- Facilitate to increase business transaction of cooperatives through reviewing existing business development services and coach them to run viable business services.
- Coordinate with bank and financial institutions for disbursement of concessional loan to members, wholesale, and business loan to cooperatives.
- Review repayment status of concessional/wholesale/business loan on monthly basis.
- Facilitate meetings with loanees and cooperatives’ board members.
- Review and update business plan of cooperatives.
- Organize cooperative capacity assessment in participatory ways and facilitate to prepare action plan to implement.
- Facilitate to translate business plan into annual work plan of cooperatives.
- Facilitate to organize collective marketing events of agri-livestock products of cooperatives.
- Organize regular review and sharing meetings of primary cooperatives.
- Facilitate cooperative to submit grant proposals to government and private organizations for resource leverage.
- Provide onsite coaching to expand membership of cooperatives, capacity enhance of cooperatives on BDS expansion.
- Coordinate with respective province/local government to leverage resources in the areas of agri-livestock products.
- Prepare periodic reports of cooperative financial management, resource mobilization and business turnover and share to respective regional offices.
- Assure and facilitate sustainable operation of software in cooperative, CHAR Khata update.
- Vehicle mobilization monitoring, support reporting of cooperatives.
- Support in reporting system of cooperatives (monthly, quarterly).
- Work with other departments/projects and implement activities according to work plan
- Monthly and quarterly updates of progress report of work in prescribed format and through digital system
- Periodic updates: collective marketing of target value chains, cooperative financial management, and business services, business plan updates
- Prepare and submission of Catalytic Leverage Fund (CaLF) reports in prescribed system
- Project specific reports as needed.
The qualified individual can send their application to [email protected] with the Title “Application for Market Facilitator” along with the following documents.
- Cover Letter
- PAN Copy
- Expected Fees/ month with all applicable taxes
Application deadline: August 11, 2022, 5 : 00 PM