Heifer Project International is a nonprofit corporation formed under the laws of the State of Arkansas, United States of America, carrying out its charitable work internationally (“HPI”) and has branch office in Nepal known as Heifer Project International Nepal (HPIN). It’s broad working domain covers research in livestock and related field for development of suitable technologies/ create knowledge base. HPIN is seeking competent Social Scientist consultant to enlist in its roster for assisting Heifer team in research projects.
The Scope of Work:
- Assist in developing appropriate/valid study design based on the project concept particularly covering socio economic aspects
- Develop plans to integrate the cross-cutting themes in the research project. The cross-cutting themes include – local capacity development, gender and youth, enabling environment, market dynamics, and future livestock system and resilience.
- Implement the plans to integrate the cross-cutting themes in the project areas.
- Conduct independent survey to examine the level of integration of the cross-cutting themes in the project and its contribution in achieving the project goal and the donor’s strategic objectives.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings in the field and at government level with scaling-up partners.
- Contribute to preparation of scientific presentations, reports, and articles submitted for peer-reviewed journal.
- Present and disseminate results as approved by Heifer Nepal.
The consultant should have at least Master’s degree in Social Science/Sociology or relevant subject and the following competencies.
- At least 5 years of working experience in research or academia or development organization.
- Have prior experience in gender, youth, environment, policies, local capacity development related sectors.
- Have sound knowledge on research methodology.
- Working experience in research projects funded by donor agencies will be an added advantage.
- The consultant shall not make use of any published or confidential information made available in the course of performing the duties under the term of agreement except upon authorization. This provision shall remain in force after the expiration or recession of this contract.
- All analyses, results, and databases are to remain confidential between the consultant and the supervisor or personnel from Heifer Nepal.
Interested and experienced individuals are requested to submit application along with the following documents mentioning email subject line “Application for Consultant – Social Scientist” through email to: [email protected]
- Application letter
- Updated CV
- Consultancy fee (Per Day Rate, NPR)
- Copy of VAT/PAN registration certificate (VAT registered vendor encouraged to apply)