- Project Background:
Heifer Project Nepal (HPN) is implementing a project entitled “BUILDING RESILIENCE THROUGH CLIMATE-SMART LIVESTOCK FARMING IN WESTERN NEPAL” funded by GIZ/GRAPE. The project will promote climate-smart livestock (CSL) farming measures for improving and transforming existing goat and dairy farming practices to ensure resilient farm enterprises.
For ensuring CSL farming measures and practices are sustainably adopted by goat and dairy animals rearing farmers, it has been planned to develop / customize training curriculum and manual on CSL to include CSL farming measures like low-cost environment friendly shed, demonstration sites for learning and adoption, forage-based livestock farming, etc. The training curriculum and manual will be used to strengthen capacity of goat and dairy farmers and associated value chain actors on CSL farming measures.
In this connection, HPN is seeking a consultant for developing tailor made CSL practices curriculum and manual for accomplishing the task mentioned under scope of work herein.
- Scope of Work.
|1||Explore secondary information and document CSL practices curriculum and contents / manual already developed and being used in Nepal.|
|2||Read through the project proposal to include CSL practices in the curriculum.|
|3||Discuss with project team to understand existing climate-smart goat and dairy farming measures in the proposed project locations including traditional practices, identify gaps, and list areas for improvement.|
|4||Develop 3-days TOT training curriculum and contents on CSL practices (in English and Nepali language) for extension workers (VAHWs, vet technicians, lead farmers etc.)|
|5||Develop 2-days training curriculum and contents on CSL practices (in English and Nepali language) for goat and dairy farmers|
The study is expected to complete in 2 months from signing of the contract. The consultant shall provide detail timeline of works to be accomplished as per the contract.
- Expected outputs/deliverables
- Key findings and recommendations on previously developed CSL farming curriculum and contents in Nepal.
- CSL practices TOT training (3-days) curriculum and contents for extension workers
- CSL practices (2days) training curriculum and contents for goat and dairy farmers
- Final report of the assignment
- Required competency /eligibility
- At least Bachelor’s degree in animal science, Veterinary Science or other relevant subjects.
- At least 15 years of working experience in livestock extension, market system, and service delivery system.
- Consultant with previous experience of CSL practices.
- Required Documents for Submission:
- Cover Letter
- CV of consultant
- Technical proposal with timeline.
- Financial proposal (item-wise breakdown).
- Copy of VAT/PAN registration certificate/personal PAN
Please submit the application along with above mentioned documents t0 Procurement-NP@heifer.org by 26th July 2023, 5: 00 PM. Please mention email subject line “Application for develop/customize training curriculum and manual on CSL farming measures.”
Heifer Project Nepal
Lalitpur Metropolitan City, Ward No:15, Hattiban, Lalitpur
Ph.no.: 977-1-5913554, 5913120