Department: Knowledge Management and Communications
Duration: 6 Months
Field visits required: 20%
Duty station: Heifer International Nepal Country Office, Hattiban, Lalitpur
Heifer International Nepal is an international non-governmental organization dedicated to working with communities to end hunger and poverty and to care for the Earth.
Heifer’s history in Nepal can be traced back to 1957, when Heifer International sent shipments of cattle, pigs, sheep, and parent stock of poultry at the government’s request to introduce high-yielding livestock into the native animal population. Baruwa Goat Raising Project in 1993 in Gita Nagar, Chitwan was the first Heifer project in Nepal which benefited a group of 25 women. Since then, Heifer has worked in more than 43 districts in collaboration with more than 100 local NGOs along with government agencies, banks and financial institutions, civil societies, private sectors, and academia, improving the lives of hundreds of thousands of families. Heifer conducts the mission by providing livestock and resource placement, as well as providing technical assistance and capacity building training to the families.
Heifer works with rural farm families to help them lift out of poverty and earn a sustainable living income. Heifer creates solutions to local challenges designed to build inclusive and resilient communities, thereby supporting small-scale farmers with the start-up or expansion of agri-businesses, cooperatives, and social enterprises.
- Update Heifer Nepal’s webpage on a regular basis
- Re-package content for Heifer Nepal’s social media channels
- Design promotional and marketing materials
- Travel to field sites for content collection (as per the requirement)
- Maintain a database for photos and videos
- Bachelor’s degree in Media Communications, Information Management, Development Studies, or any other relevant fields
- Preferred experience in website management, graphic designing, and social media
- Trainee will be paid on a daily wage basis as per the organization’s policy.
- Communication allowance of monthly five hundred rupees will be provided.
- During field visits, the cost will be incurred on an actual basis.
- Accidental insurance will be provided during the tenure of the traineeship.
- Lunch service will be offered by the office.
Interested individuals are requested to submit application along with the following documents mentioning email subject line ” Application for Trainee” to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Letter
- Updated CV
- PAN Copy
Deadline for submission of application : 28 March 2023 before 5 PM.