Heifer Project Nepal (HPN) is a non-profit and humanitarian organization dedicated to work with communities to end hunger and poverty and care for the earth. For more details, kindly check http://www.heifernepal.org/
Abattoir (goat slaughterhouse and meat processing industry) Development: As a major component of its Strengthening Smallholder Enterprises of Livestock Value Chain for Poverty Reduction and Economic Growth in Nepal II (SLVC II) project Heifer is facilitating development of 5 modern goat abattoirs in 5 major cities across Nepal. The abattoirs are envisioned to be implemented in Public, Private and Producer Partnership (4P) model.
Among the abattoirs the one in Butwal is expected to be operationalized by Butwal Masu Utpadan Tatha Prasodhan Pvt. Ltd. The company is formed as a collaborative venture of 4 public companies owned by smallholder women goat farmers and meat entrepreneurs of Rupandehi, Kapilvastu, Palpa, Gulmi and Arghakhanchi districts. The company envisions to supply standardized healthy and hygienic goat meat in Butwal area and beyond. The Pvt. Ltd. company is in the process of acquiring operations right of the goat abattoir industrial plant being constructed by Butwal Sub-Metropolitan City in Butwal Industrial Area in Public Private Partnership model. The semi-automatic modern goat abattoir is first of its kind industrial plant constructed by the government of Nepal. The private company is envisioned to sustainably operationalize the abattoir by equitably balancing the partnership of Public, Private, and Producer sector involved in the abattoir. Expected annual turnover of this industrial plant is around 80-100 crore.
Heifer Project Nepal (HPN) has been providing technical support in developing all the components of abattoir ecosystem including formation of the public and private companies of the farmers and meat entrepreneurs; supporting the municipality in preparation of the abattoir DPR; procurement of the construction; and other essential technical services required for its operations.
Heifer Project Nepal is seeking a marketing survey consultant to conduct market study on the type of goat meat products that are currently available in the Nepalese market and have potential for generating demand in the future.
Primary responsibilities of the consultant are:
- Conduct field survey and online survey of Nepalese meat market including butchers’ shop, supermarkets, meat marts, and slaughterhouses in Nepal and study the type of goat meat products and their respective prices available in the market.
- Study the type of meat products that are available in the global market and have potential for generating demand in Nepal including their prices.
- Prepare a catalogue of the products form their market survey along with their price.
Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher marketing, food technology, agriculture, economics, or related subjects.
- Previous experience in market study and survey.
- Previous experience in meat industry is a plus
Consultation period will of 15 days.
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit the following documents to [email protected]
- Letter of interest
- Updated CV
- Expected fees
- PAN/VAT registration card
Deadline for submission 15th May 2022 before 5 : 00 PM.