Heifer Project international Nepal (HPIN) is a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for earth by providing livestock, education, and other resources to help poor families become self-reliant. HPIN invites application from eligible Nepali citizens for the following position:
Program Manager-Livestock Technology & One Health -1
Major Roles and Responsibility:
The Program Manager– Livestock Technology and One Health will lead at the field level for the establishment of a Model Dairy Village in the Sindhuli district. The manager shall assist in the development and adoption of innovative technologies along the livestock value chain (animal nutrition, animal breeding and genetics, animal health and production management, processing, packaging, and cold chain maintenance). S/he will work with the Milky Way Signature Program team, local implementing partner, and local and provincial governments to leverage resources as well as effective implementation of programmatic activities. S/he will also be responsible to collaborate with the related private sector and other development projects to provide further support to livestock enterprises, bring efficiency to the value chain and increase profitability. S/he will work closely with academic and research institutions in research and development and generate new knowledge in all domains of livestock development.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university or equivalent in veterinary science and animal husbandry, plus at least five (5) years of related experience, or a master’s degree from a recognized university or the equivalent in veterinary science and animal husbandry, plus at least three (3) years of relevant experience
- Should have sound knowledge of reproductive physiology on dairy animals and have experience in AI service and pregnancy diagnosis
- Should have experience in the treatment of complicated diseases as well as good knowledge of a disease prevention plan
- Should have sound knowledge of dairy animal feeding management and breeding
- Demonstrated experience in community mobilization, social capital development, institutional development, capacity building, training, smallholder farmers/rural SMEs/co-ops, and base of the pyramid consumers
Job Descriptions (Download from Here)
Application Form (Download from Here)
How to apply:
A Cover letter mentioning the expected salary along with the application form, latest curriculum vitae, a recent passport-size photograph, and a copy of the Nepali citizenship certificate should be submitted at the following address by 25 December 2022. Please Indicate the position that you are applying for.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained.
Heifer International Nepal
P.O. Box: 6043, Kathmandu
Email: [email protected]